RockYou Widget

Monday, February 5, 2007

Where I Hope To Be In 3 Months

After graduation is over in May, I hope to be...working for a magazine in...Manhattan! Or at least just working for a magazine at this point. As I said before I spent last summer living and working in Manhattan. The first time I visited was Spring Break of last year, and when I left, I still felt scared to death. But by the end of July, after living in the Big Apple for two months, there was no doubt in my mind that I'd be coming back a year later, this time on my own.

My ideal job after graduating with my degree in Journalism from UA, would be to work for a magazine that deals with fashion and celebrities. How perfect would a job be, to get up in the morning, walk to work with a coffee in hand, have an office on say the 50th floor overlooking the skyline of Manhattan, and write or work with clothes and celebrities all day...sounds great to me!

My top three choices of magazines would be: People Magazine...I've been reading this publication for at least eight years now, and it's one of my bookmarked websites that I must read everyday to hear about the latest celebrity gossip and see my favorite "star tracks."

Cosmpolitan Magazine...The latest fashions, the do's and dont's of today's society, and the latest celebrity gossip is a major guilty pleasure of mine, especially while sitting in the bookstore during the long gaps in between classes.
Nylon Magazine...As one of the top competitors of the magazine, BlackBook that I worked for this summer, I still enjoy reading this magazine for its ads and the fashion that isn't always found in my small hometown of Cottonwood. Reading this magazine, makes me feel like I'm a city girl again.
By posting my top three dream jobs, it's a way for me to get started with sending out resumes and figuring out where I really want to be after graduation. I hope that it makes everyone out there think of where they ideally would like to work. The "Real World" can be as good or bad as you make it, and I say by starting here, it could be a dream come true.
(Pictures used from Yahoo Images)




No comments: